What Does the Amazon Echo Do | A Review
Introduction to What Does the Amazon Echo Do? | A Review
I am writing this Amazon Echo Review as I think this is a new “household tool” that everyone needs. We first experienced an Amazon Echo at a house sit in Princess Risborough in the United Kingdom. There it sat on their bar just a plain black looking little tower. Doing nothing, just sitting there. We were chatting with the owners about things and I mentioned that I wondered what the temperature was. The homeowner said out loud “Alexa, what is the temperature”? I had no idea what she was doing. Little blue lights lit up around the little tower and Alexa answered. “The temperature in Princess Risborough is eight degrees with cloudy skies and you can expect a high of ten degrees today. Oh my God, I was sold! I loved this little black unobtrusive tower of metal. You will need to buy this Amazon Echo! So, What does the Amazon Echo do?
Product Information For the Amazon Echo
I rated the Amazon Echo with a 4.7 out of 5
The retail price for the Amazon Echo is $179.99 on Amazon
Of course as the name implies, it is made by Amazon
We have never owned one, we just “used “her”
Yes, we have used her in other people’s houses. That is what we do. We use other people’s stuff. We are full time house sitters and are “Homeless by choice”. That means I don’t get to have all of my little gadgets and gizmos. They would not all fit into my suitcase! So, allow me to write this review even if I have never paid for an Amazon Echo. Anyway, after Alexa gave us the temperature and weather report, I asked the homeowner. “What else can she do”? She remarked, “I just use her for the weather and listen to music”. Music? I remarked. How does she do that? The homeowner said “Let me show you”. She turned to the quiet back tower and said, “Alexa, pay some soft rock”. Alexa answered back that she would be playing some Soft Rock from the music collection.
I was surprised by the quality of the music
No, it wasn’t like having a high dollar sound system with huge speakers. But this little black tower had some decent sounds coming out of it. All due to it’s 360 degree Omni-directional audio speaker. I believe the sound quality would be directly related to how big the room is and where it was set up.
What else can the Amazon Echo do?
I had just scratched the surface of what this little black tower can do. For me, having the time, the weather and any choice of music by just “asking Alexa” was great for me. But, then I started investigating what this thing can do. It is amazing! And the list keeps growing as Amazon keep updating this “jewel of a tool”. I am not going to write out what it can do. I will list out the information from the Amazon Echo on Amazon for you so you can see what she does.
Is this one for REAL? Probably not quite!
Details of the Amazon Echo from the Amazon Web Site
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, reads audiobooks from Audible, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
Listen to these Quotes!
“A Perfect Ten” — ZD Net
“The Echo may be the closest thing we will have to a Star Trek Computer at Home” — ENET
“With Amazon Echo, it was love at first sight” RE/Code
“Echo could hear my voice clearly even when music was playing loudly” — USA Today
I think we should be asking, what doesn’t an Amazon Echo do
Not, What Does an Amazon Echo do?
I hope you enjoyed my Amazon Echo Review and it has inspired you to look in to purchasing one.
Click here and get your Amazon Echo delivered to your door!
If you have any suggestions, questions or just want to say Hello, feel free to leave a comment below. And if you like this post, please like it on Twitter, Facebook, G+ or other social networks.